2017 Print Competition – Old & Worn Out
- September 5, 2017 - November 10, 2017
Often things that are old, damaged or shabby and perhaps at the point of being no longer usable can portray a deep sentimental emotion or wonder. Perhaps it is an old can left in the woods for so long the trees have grown up around it, or a baseball mitt left hanging in the shed long after the child has grown up. Old and worn out object can still tell a story through pictures.
DEADLINE: Deadline to enter is by the November 10, 2017 General Meeting.
This print competition is open to members of PSNWA. Submitted images should be deemed acceptable for public display for all ages. Photographs will be judged on Impact, Subject Matter / Creativity, Composition, Technical Quality, and Print Presentation. Up to 3 prints can be submitted at Bedford Camera & Video; by mail to PSNWA, PO Box 8837, Fayetteville AR 72703; or in person at PSNWA general meetings until the deadline.
Photos not meeting any of the following criteria or with incomplete information will be disqualified.
- Prints may be either an 8 x 10 or 8 x 12 format with optional borders no more than maximum of quarter inch.
- Prints must include Name, email, phone, and competition theme on the back lower right hand corner of each print.
- No name, watermark, or additional text on the photograph side of the print.
- Prints should be on photographic paper without mounting, matting, or additional backing.
Photographs will not be returned. PSNWA nor Bedford’s Camera and Video will be responsible for damaged or misplaced photographs. Images may be displayed at participating business sponsors around Northwest Arkansas post competition and published online or in print by PSNWA. There is a gallery limit of two winning images per member that will be displayed in the gallery. The top two scored images will be used to determine the images displayed if a member has multiple images ranked in the gallery range.
All panel decisions are final. For more information e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.